Friday, June 24, 2011

My Baby Essentials

I decided to make this Baby essential list just so I wouldn't forget anything (I hope!) and share it with you guys!

I remember the time when I had my first baby, I forgot a lot of things- good thing a friend of mine volunteered and helped me buy the necessary stuff which I actually forgot.
This is my 3rd pregnancy-expecting another princess- I feel more comfortable and at ease especially now that I have a lot of "pass me down" stuff and of course, more experience from my two little girls...

1. CRIB- I'll be using the old dependable GRACO playpen which I used with my two daughters as it is very versatile. I never bought a wooden crib, though it would be nice to have it in the nursery. This is good enough for me. I had a custom made Flex foam for this too!

2. CRIB SHEETS  - I prefer plain colors. Using printed sheets may be stimulating to the baby but I use plain ones so I can always check on dirt or insects crawling (you'll never know!)
3. SWADDLING BLANKET by Kiddopotamus - I love this wearable blanket that eliminates the hazards of loose bedding, while keeping your baby warm all night. In addition, it has been found that infants sleep better and longer when swaddled, or wrapped securely.

4. GERBER SNAP ON SIDE SHIRTS - In our country, the "tie sides" are popular. But I have to say, I wanna use the Gerber snap ons because it is so easy to use plus the cotton fabric is really soft on baby's skin. You may need pajamas to go with these, at least 6pcs. Don't forget the mittens and socks :)
5. FISHER PRICE NEWBORN TO TODDLER ROCKER - This rocker is such a blessing to moms and caregivers! It soothes babies to sleep because it vibrates. Plus, it grows with your baby making it a rocker when they grow up!
6. BABY BOTTLES AND STERILIZER - Every child I have, I get a new set of baby bottles. By new set, i mean another BRAND so they don't mix. My eldest uses PHILIPS AVENT honey tint, my second baby uses BORN FREE and this time I will be using the AVENT pink bottles. I think they're lovely and so far, very simple to use unlike some complicated baby bottles.
 
7. MEDELA PUMP IN STYLE BREAST PUMP - This is one of my life savers. Yes, it is an expensive pump but it's worth the investment. It really helped me produce more breast milk. The savings and the advantage of giving breast milk to the baby is priceless. 


8. CLOTH DIAPERS AND DIAPER OINTMENT - Used disposables before, this time I want to use cloth on my new baby. Aside from being eco friendly, I read a lot of chemicals are used on disposables to help them absorb better. Too bad :( Plus, cloth diapers now come in ALL IN ONE and yummy colors!
9. BABY TUB - Ain't this super cute? Always wanted a tub where I can place baby and bathe her properly and securely.
10. HEALTH & GROOMING SET- This is a must have! From comb, nail cutter, nail file, syringe bulb ( I use nasal aspirator), thermometer ( I use my dependable Temporal thermometer)
Of course, below is the detailed checklist as suggested to most moms.
Baby's nursery checklist:
  • Crib 
  • Nursery Decor
  • Changing Table
  • Dresser
  • Bouncer Seat
  • Nightlight
Bedding checklist:
  • Crib bedding Sets
  • Crib sheets or
  • Receiving blankets
  • Baby blankets
  • Mattress
  • Baby Pillows
  • Bumpers
Feeding essentials:
  • Baby bottles
  • Nipples
  • Breast pump
  • Breast milk storage containers
  • Bottle brush
  • Bottle rack
  • Baby bibs
  • Teethers
  • Breast pads
  • Pacifiers
  • Highchair
  • Nipple Cream
  • Nursing pillow
  • Nursing bras
  • Bottle Sterilizer
  • Bottle warmer
  • Formula (always ask your pediatrician for recommendation)
Bathing and Health:
  • Baby bath tub
  • Bath sponge
  • Baby soaps and lotions
  • Tearless shampoo
  • Bath toys
  • Baby oil
  • Hooded towels
  • Ointment
  • Baby thermometer
  • Sterile cotton balls
  • Baby nail scissors/clippers
  • Baby brush/comb
  • Nasal aspirator
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Cotton buds
Diapering checklist:
  • Cloth diapers
  • Disposable diapers
  • Diaper Wipes
  • Wash cloths
  • Diaper ointment
  • Diaper Bag
Clothing checklist:
  • Onesies
  • Pajamas
  • Sleepers
  • Socks and booties
  • Baby Shoes
  • T-shirts
  • Mittens
  • Fleece outfits
  • Sweater
  • Jacket
  • Bonnet
  • Cap
  • Nappies
  • Hats
Safety items:
  • Car seat
  • Baby monitor
Miscellaneous:
  • Bath thermometer
  • Stroller
  • Toys
  • Mobiles
  • Books on parenting
  • Photo Albums
  • Humidifier or Vaporizer
  • Storage Baskets

Oh well, now I just have to wait for you, BABY! Mommy can't wait!


Cheers!

Mommy Leaf








1 comment:

  1. I remember the time when I had my first baby, I forgot a lot of things- good thing a friend of mine volunteered and helped me buy the necessary stuff which I actually forgot.
    This is my 3rd pregnancy-expecting another princess- I feel more comfortable and at ease especially now that I have a lot of "pass me down" stuff and of course, more experience from my two little girls...
    Real wood Crib |
    Crib made in USA

    ReplyDelete